Even though it performs a seemingly essential task, your air conditioner is a complex device. Numerous parts and components must function correctly and concurrently in perfect harmony to give you the highest cooling and energy efficiency.
Even minor problems could result in significant HVAC repair in Livermore, CA, where your entire unit might cease functioning. Expert air conditioner repair professionals can locate the source of your issue, correct it with repairs, and quickly get everything back to regular operation.
Five Quick Tips to Repair AC
Check the Thermostat
- Ensure your thermostat is operational and maintains the optimum temperature in your home.
- Consider replacing your mechanical, older thermostat with a smart, programmed one during air conditioning services in Livermore, CA.
- If you do this, you’ll always have a cozy home ready. Additionally, you’ll save energy and money by turning off your air conditioner while no one is inside and preventing AC repair in Livermore.
Clean the Exterior Unit
- As leaves, dirt, and grass clippings accumulate outside the air conditioner over time, the system’s capacity and airflow are reduced, requiring frequent AC repair in Livermore.
- It follows that keeping up with the outer unit’s upkeep is vital. Turn off the unit’s power first.
- The material should then be carefully washed away using a garden hose. Work your way down, starting at the top with the hose at a 45-degree angle.
Check the Components and Wiring
- The correct condition of the internal connections of your air conditioner is essential to prevent HVAC repair in Livermore, CA.
- Checking the wiring of the outdoor unit at least once a year is vital since what you don’t know about them could cost you money in the form of ineffective cooling.
- Remove the condenser unit’s access panel and check for overheating while the power is off.
- It can involve cables with melted insulation or wires that appear charred or blackened.
Check the Fan in the Condenser Unit
- If the fan blades are damaged, your AC won’t be able to cool effectively. Turn off the air conditioner and inspect the condition of the fan that is installed on top of the exterior condenser unit.
- If one or more blades have any apparent cracks or chips, replace the fan blades. You can also call a professional for AC repair in Livermore.
- Additionally, if your air conditioner is older, you might need to regularly grease the fan motor bearings.
- Of course, if you’re not comfortable performing this kind of maintenance, ask your neighborhood HVAC expert to include it in air conditioning services in Livermore, CA.
Replace or Clean Your Air Filters
- One of the essential requirements in maintaining your air conditioner is changing the filter.
- Do it once throughout the fall and spring and once during the summer and winter high-use seasons. The airflow is restricted as the filter fills up with dust.
- Your system has to work more than required, resulting in frequent HVAC repairs in Livermore, CA.
- Additionally, as the air passing through your system gets dirtier, it can affect the air quality within your home and aggravate allergies and asthma problems in occupants.
- Upgrading to a filter does more if you have family members who suffer from allergy and asthma issues, own pets, reside in a dusty area, or have other similar indoor air quality issues.
Having a faulty air conditioner is not enjoyable. Additionally, it makes your house feel stuffy, hot, and humid. Finding air conditioning services in Livermore, CA, may seem difficult for some people, but Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. is here.
All makes and models are serviced by our knowledgeable professionals, assuring you receive the best repair work. Contact us at 925-855-1560 or schedule an appointment for HVAC repair in Livermore, CA.