EXPERT ALLERGY TIPS
Here are allergy experts’ tips for managing allergies and asthma in the home:
- Control Dust Mites: Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended.
- Eliminate Mold Sources: Fix leaky pipes and keep bathroom grout clean.
- Stay Smoke-free: Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke.
- Avoid Pet dander: Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home.
- Close Doors And Windows: Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds, and irritants outside.
- Install A Whole-House Air Cleaner: An air cleaning system, such as Trane CleanEffects™ removes airborne particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to filter naturally. In addition to taking steps to control allergens in the home, you should always see an allergist determine the cause of your symptoms. An allergy specialist can run a series of a simple blood or skin tests to determine if your asthma symptoms are allergy-related.