When a heating system fails to heat a space as intended, it’s likely due to poor heating efficiency. The poor heating efficiency can also cause many problems, so it’s important to identify and address these issues to ensure your heating system runs as efficiently as possible.
Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc have been providing heating services in Livermore, CA, and surrounding areas since 2006. Our experienced technicians can help you identify and troubleshoot heating problems and ensure your heating system runs efficiently. Schedule a consultation today to get started.
Several factors can affect your heating system's efficiency, including:
- Dirty or Clogged Filters: A dirty filter can restrict airflow and make your heating system work harder than it needs to. Not only will this reduce the system’s efficiency, but it can also cause the system to break down prematurely. Be sure to change your filters regularly (at least every 3 months) to ensure optimum performance.
- Leaky Ducts: If your ductwork leaks, you could lose a lot of heat. The best way to detect leaks is to complete a duct leakage test. If you find your ducts are leaking, you may need to have them repaired or replaced. We offer high-quality installations and furnace repair in Livermore, CA, to help you get your heating system back up and running.
- Lack of Maintenance: Like other mechanical systems, your heating system needs to be properly maintained to function efficiently. Be sure to have your heating system serviced by a qualified technician at least once a year. If you are located in Livermore, CA, and use your heating services daily, consider investing in an HVAC maintenance plan. Our maintenance plan will ensure fewer HVAC repairs.
- Poor Insulation: If your home isn’t well insulated, heat can escape through cracks and gaps, making your heating system work overtime. Ensure your home is properly insulated by one of our professional contractors to avoid poor insulation.
- High Thermostat Setting: Setting your thermostat too high can cause your heating system to work harder than necessary. For optimal efficiency, you should set your thermostat to a lower temperature. Doing this can reduce heating costs and keep your heating system running more efficiently.
- Closed and Dirty Registers: Your heating system’s registers and vents can become clogged with dust and debris, which can restrict airflow and make your system work harder than it needs to. Be sure to keep these areas clean for optimum performance.
If you’re having issues with your heating system, or it’s time for a tune-up, contact Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc today. We provide a wide range of quality heating services, including repairs, replacements, and maintenance in Livermore, Discovery Bay, CA, and surrounding areas. Our team of qualified technicians can help you get your heating system running in no time. Give us a call today at (925) 855-1560 to schedule an appointment for heating services in Livermore, CA.